Author Topic: Ctrl E does not work in CS4  (Read 4149 times)

Offline schammy77

• Newcomer
  • PM 4.5.3.2 Windows XP SP3 3GB Ram PS CS4
    • View Profile
    • Schammerhorn Photo
Ctrl E does not work in CS4
« on: November 12, 2008, 04:44:59 PM »
Just installed Photoshop cs4 and have noticed a small problem. I have updated the PM preferences to edit images in PS CS4  but every time I use the shortcut ctrl E in PM the image will not open in PS. PS will launch if its not running but will not open the image. If PS is running then when I hit ctrl E on an image I am redirected to PS but the image does not open. If instead I right click on the image and click image Edit photo then the image will launch in PS???.

Uninstalled both PS and PM to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ctrl E does not work in CS4
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 04:57:25 PM »
Just installed Photoshop cs4 and have noticed a small problem. I have updated the PM preferences to edit images in PS CS4  but every time I use the shortcut ctrl E in PM the image will not open in PS. PS will launch if its not running but will not open the image. If PS is running then when I hit ctrl E on an image I am redirected to PS but the image does not open. If instead I right click on the image and click image Edit photo then the image will launch in PS???.

Are you using 'Edit photo with->Photoshop CS4" or just "Edit photo" from the contextual menu?

-Kirk

Offline schammy77

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Schammerhorn Photo
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 07:09:15 PM »
Just the "Edit photo" from the contextual menu.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 04:03:37 PM »

I've got Photoshop CS4 on my Windows system and I am able to reproduce the problem.  I have found a way to fix it and just need to make sure that the fix doesn't break integration with older Photoshop versions.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 05:48:43 PM »

I've got Photoshop CS4 on my Windows system and I am able to reproduce the problem.  I have found a way to fix it and just need to make sure that the fix doesn't break integration with older Photoshop versions.

Update: I have implemented a workaround that doesn't cause older versions of Photoshop to misbehave.  The fix will make it into the 4.5.4 update.

-Kirk

Offline schammy77

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Schammerhorn Photo
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 09:46:51 PM »
Update: I have implemented a workaround that doesn't cause older versions of Photoshop to misbehave.  The fix will make it into the 4.5.4 update.

-Kirk

As always, your the best Kirk. Thank you. It drove me crazy tonight jumping back and forth between PS and PM to edit photos.

I found another problem where if multiple photos are selected and you right click and then click "Edit selected photos" you get the same problem as the Crtl E, PS will open but no photos open.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 11:28:40 PM »

-Kirk

As always, your the best Kirk. Thank you. It drove me crazy tonight jumping back and forth between PS and PM to edit photos.

I found another problem where if multiple photos are selected and you right click and then click "Edit selected photos" you get the same problem as the Crtl E, PS will open but no photos open.

It's all the same issue.  Both should be fixed in the next update.

-Kirk