Author Topic: Photoshelter upload to specific archive  (Read 3392 times)

Offline Roger4439665

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photoshelter upload to specific archive
« on: November 21, 2008, 06:54:25 AM »
Hi Photo Mechanic People!

I'm using Mac OS 10.4.11 and Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.2 on a 1.6 Ghz PowerPC G5 Mac Desktop. I have 1 GB of DDR SDRAM.

I have a Photoshelter account and like the uploader tool you provide for direct access to them.

Photoshelter is putting out a video brief which says that it is possible to deliver images directly into both specific folders and galleries from your upload tool. What do I need to download or do to make this happen?

Thanks folks!

Roger S. Duncan, Photographer

Bath, Maine
207-443-9665
roger@rogerduncanphoto.com
http://www.rogerduncanphoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photoshelter upload to specific archive
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 08:01:28 AM »
Roger,

I'm using Mac OS 10.4.11 and Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.2 on a 1.6 Ghz PowerPC G5 Mac Desktop. I have 1 GB of DDR SDRAM.

I have a Photoshelter account and like the uploader tool you provide for direct access to them.

Photoshelter is putting out a video brief which says that it is possible to deliver images directly into both specific folders and galleries from your upload tool. What do I need to download or do to make this happen?

The current PhotoShelter uploader in Photo Mechanic is not capable of choosing a specific folder at this time.

PhotoShelter's own upload application is likely capable of doing that.

-Kirk

Offline ajmast

• View Profile
Re: Photoshelter upload to specific archive
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 08:44:36 AM »
To clarify,

The PM Uploader lets you pick what archive you want your pics to go into. It does not allow you to insert them into a gallery.

With the upper level PhotoShelter accounts you can enable FTP access fpr uploading. And an FTP account can be assigned an archive and gallery for images. Then you can use PM to FTP to that account.