Author Topic: Search in PM?  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Davpino

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Search in PM?
« on: December 25, 2008, 11:54:11 PM »
Hi!

I'm using the "search-field" from PMs toolbar and it seems working perfect. Yes, of course it's on Mac Leopard.
The interesting thing is, it searches without opening a folder/contact sheet. How can this be?
Could you please explain me how this search is EXACTLY working? Just for understanding!
Thank you. :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Search in PM?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 05:59:41 AM »
I'm using the "search-field" from PMs toolbar and it seems working perfect. Yes, of course it's on Mac Leopard.
The interesting thing is, it searches without opening a folder/contact sheet. How can this be?
Could you please explain me how this search is EXACTLY working? Just for understanding!

It uses Spotlight to do the search and presents the results in the current Contact Sheet tab.

-Kirk

Offline Davpino

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 08:03:22 AM »
Thanks for the fast reply, I would like to know a bit more about that...
What does it search for exactly? And in all the folders on my MAC? Or just those one in the FAVORITES?
It only displays images, with the desired keywords? Other files are not displayed, automatically?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 08:35:39 AM »
Thanks for the fast reply, I would like to know a bit more about that...
What does it search for exactly? And in all the folders on my MAC? Or just those one in the FAVORITES?
It only displays images, with the desired keywords? Other files are not displayed, automatically?

When you use the Quick Search toolbar item it currently uses Spotlight to search for images (only images, not other file types) whose metadata contains the text that you enter.  This searches all normal Spotlight-indexed volumes on your computer.

-Kirk

Offline Davpino

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 01:40:03 AM »
THX!
 :)