Author Topic: Flag Message:An unsupported Operation was attempted.  (Read 3181 times)

Offline b252403

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Flag Message:An unsupported Operation was attempted.
« on: March 06, 2009, 10:57:58 PM »
From the Desktop I clk the icon and the P.M.Logo appears.!5 seconds later a shadow Flag appears behind main Logo. I use alt+Tab and see the message "An unsupported Operation was attempted.".
I click on "O.K" and the P.M application starts O.K as previous versions.
I also had trouble with the Auto Registration and took the manual step of using the 34 chr verification 19chr reply method. I have rebooted several times but shadow flag stays there each time.
Not a game stopper, just thought you might know what it is.

thanks Ross

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Flag Message:An unsupported Operation was attempted.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:28:40 PM »
Ross,

From the Desktop I clk the icon and the P.M.Logo appears.!5 seconds later a shadow Flag appears behind main Logo. I use alt+Tab and see the message "An unsupported Operation was attempted.".
I click on "O.K" and the P.M application starts O.K as previous versions.
I also had trouble with the Auto Registration and took the manual step of using the 34 chr verification 19chr reply method. I have rebooted several times but shadow flag stays there each time.
Not a game stopper, just thought you might know what it is.

What is "the 34 chr verification 19chr reply method"?

As for the unsupported operation, I'd be happy to give you a logging version of PM and with it we can narrow down where the problem is occurring.  Let me know if you're interested.

-Kirk

Offline dd-b

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 09:15:12 AM »
Also getting this "An unsupported Operation was attempted" dialog box popping up every time I start PM 4.6.  I suspect some users are reporting this as a "hang on start" situation, since the dialog box is UNDER the splash screen.  Since the splash is transparent, you can see the dialog if you look closely; and you can alt-tab to bring it to the top and click it, at which point it goes away and everything seems to be fine.

Windows XP SP2 here as well.

Offline mhobbs3

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 03:24:54 PM »
I also am having "An unsupported Operation was attempted" dialog box popping up every time I start PM 4.6. this was occuring on XP before I changed to Vista Pro (same problem on the NEW! Vista Computer)

I have used this program since the beginning this is a new problem - It started with PM 4.6

Any help will be appreciated

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »
I also am having "An unsupported Operation was attempted" dialog box popping up every time I start PM 4.6. this was occuring on XP before I changed to Vista Pro (same problem on the NEW! Vista Computer)

I have used this program since the beginning this is a new problem - It started with PM 4.6

Any help will be appreciated

Try uninstalling Photo Mechanic completely and then install version 4.6.1 again.

That should fix it.

-Kirk