Author Topic: Kirk .....  (Read 6837 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Kirk .....
« on: July 15, 2006, 07:56:57 PM »
Kirk I need a private e-mail address for you. I have recieved an e-mail spoofed from this site and would like to forward it....... I am ABSOLUTLY sure that it is NOT from camera bits and that you would like to do something about it.

Eric

O.K. It's in my inbox here as well and I see that it looks like it was sent to MANY members so now I'm sure that you are aware of what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 07:59:22 PM by Eric »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Kirk .....
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 09:01:41 PM »
Eric,

Kirk I need a private e-mail address for you. I have recieved an e-mail spoofed from this site and would like to forward it....... I am ABSOLUTLY sure that it is NOT from camera bits and that you would like to do something about it.

Eric

O.K. It's in my inbox here as well and I see that it looks like it was sent to MANY members so now I'm sure that you are aware of what I'm talking about.

Yes, it's been taken care of.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  If this sort of thing happens again we will have to force all new account registrations to go through an approval process.

-Kirk

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Kirk .....
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 09:26:35 PM »
Hi Eric,

We had an anonymous user sign up and abuse our forums to send a spam message with a photo.  A rather large, Photoshopped one, as I understand  >:(

This user's account has been terminated and any related IP addresses from the internet provider in Hawaii are now blocked.  We have the user's IP address and account ID, etc.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will take whatever steps we can to make sure that the forums are kept alive with the same open spirit.  However, in order to prevent such adolescent behavior in the future, we may be forced to make changes to the registration process to our forums.

Since these forums are still open, the adolescent responsible is probably reading this message and getting some sort of satisfaction that we are even talking about him.  If so, this will help us to track him down.

Please direct any further discussion about this topic directly to Kirk or myself.

Regards,

--dennis