Author Topic: Navigation window within the Preview window  (Read 4417 times)

Offline srtemple

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Navigation window within the Preview window
« on: April 03, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »
I would like to see a navigation window in the Preview window. We always focus edit all our images at 100% in the Preview window and it would be great to know exactly where we are in the frame.

Thanks,
Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Navigation window within the Preview window
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 02:49:12 PM »
Steve,

I would like to see a navigation window in the Preview window. We always focus edit all our images at 100% in the Preview window and it would be great to know exactly where we are in the frame.

You want a pane that shows a scaled-down version with a thin-line rectangle of what is being viewed in the Preview?  How about if it just showed that indicator on the thumbnails in the thumbnail strip?

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 06:51:57 AM »
I'm not the original requester, but to me an indicator on the strip would be fine (it achieves the goal). Can you make it "moveable" as well then?

Note: for me this has a low prio and I consider it a nice to have, not a must have. But again, I don't know what the original requester thinks.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 07:17:13 AM »
Hayo,

I'm not the original requester, but to me an indicator on the strip would be fine (it achieves the goal). Can you make it "moveable" as well then?

Note: for me this has a low prio and I consider it a nice to have, not a must have. But again, I don't know what the original requester thinks.

Movable as in you can manipulate the zoomed area on the thumbnail?  Then it would be like the loupe tool in the Contact Sheet window.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 03:16:05 AM »
Movable as in you can manipulate the zoomed area on the thumbnail?  Then it would be like the loupe tool in the Contact Sheet window.

Yes, exactly!
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl