Author Topic: Manual date not copied  (Read 2949 times)

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
Manual date not copied
« on: April 05, 2009, 06:14:03 PM »
I use PM for setting IPTC in scanned slides. I set the date it was shot in the IPTC date field manually along with the other relevant fields. Then I use the "Copy"-button to bring the IPTC data to the next picture where I hit "Paste". All data is copied except the date. Is this a bug or a feature? What would be a workaround?

Thanks,
HM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Manual date not copied
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 02:17:37 PM »
I use PM for setting IPTC in scanned slides. I set the date it was shot in the IPTC date field manually along with the other relevant fields. Then I use the "Copy"-button to bring the IPTC data to the next picture where I hit "Paste". All data is copied except the date. Is this a bug or a feature? What would be a workaround?

What date format do you have chosen?  What version of PM are you using and on what OS?

-Kirk

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 04:38:33 PM »
What date format do you have chosen?  What version of PM are you using and on what OS?

-Kirk

PM 4.6, Mac OS 10.5.6
I used the date format that is in the field "Time and Date": 27.07.1993 for example. If I copy the IPTC and paste it to another picture, the date results in today's date, where I would expect 27.07.1993

HM

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 08:09:25 AM »
Any news on this? Bug or feature?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 08:16:34 AM »
Any news on this? Bug or feature?

It's a bug that it is changing the date at all.  Copy/Paste of IPTC isn't supposed to copy/paste the date/time.

I'll look into it further.

-Kirk