Author Topic: 2 files sent at same time in FTP  (Read 4202 times)

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
2 files sent at same time in FTP
« on: April 22, 2009, 09:41:25 AM »
Hello Kirk,

I noticied today a new feature of 2 files going together during sending with FTP.
Is there a chance to desactivate this feature as I would prefer to finish first pic before the second starts.
I am not always on a good connexion (outside towns or in buildings) and time can be precious.

Thanks in advance

Bests

Denis

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 2 files sent at same time in FTP
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 09:46:28 AM »
Denis,

I noticied today a new feature of 2 files going together during sending with FTP.
Is there a chance to desactivate this feature as I would prefer to finish first pic before the second starts.
I am not always on a good connexion (outside towns or in buildings) and time can be precious.

No, there is currently no way to disable this.  We'll look into adding an option to disable this feature.  This was added to make uploads saturate the upload bandwidth and get images uploaded faster.

-Kirk

Offline jose

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:02:01 PM »
This was added to make uploads saturate the upload bandwidth and get images uploaded faster.

And, for me, a good surprise! I see a rate of higher transference. thanks!
jose.

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 11:53:11 PM »
This is indeed a good feature when you are on a fast line but only half of the time for me sorry.

When you are in a journalists-on-the-phone-satured press room or undreground it takes 4 minutes for a 600k pics, time can be precious.

Thanks

Denis