Author Topic: Ingest partial failure / Error Copying - 16Gb CF card  (Read 2426 times)

Offline craig pulsifer

• View Profile
Ingest partial failure / Error Copying - 16Gb CF card
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:04:52 PM »
PM fails during mid-ingest of Raw (CR2) files.  Images shot on brand new 16Gb CoreMicro Pro CF card with Canon 1Ds Mark III (firmware 1.0.6).  After several failed attempts with PM, I resorted to straight 'drag and drop' copy from CF card to the MacBook; then snapshot/pasted IPTC info on copied files.

Screen capture of PM error message attached.  Could this be function of the CF card possibly having been formatted on a different camera (5DmarkII)?

~ Craig Pulsifer
MBP 2.53 GHz Intel Core2 Duo / OS X 10.5.6 / PM 4.5.4

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:07:34 PM by craig pulsifer »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest partial failure / Error Copying - 16Gb CF card
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 04:01:27 PM »
Craig,

PM fails during mid-ingest of Raw (CR2) files.  Images shot on brand new 16Gb CoreMicro Pro CF card with Canon 1Ds Mark III (firmware 1.0.6).  After several failed attempts with PM, I resorted to straight 'drag and drop' copy from CF card to the MacBook; then snapshot/pasted IPTC info on copied files.

Screen capture of PM error message attached.  Could this be function of the CF card possibly having been formatted on a different camera (5DmarkII)?

I doubt it.  You were able to manually copy the files with the Finder, right?  Photo Mechanic uses the OS's disk I/O to read and write files so it should be basically doing the same types of things.  If you want to give me your contact information privately I'll call you and see what we can find out.  Click on my name to the left of this message.  Then click on the 'personal message' link.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 04:27:53 PM »

Craig and I worked together to resolve this issue and it turned out to be a multi-card reader that just isn't quite compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.x.  Switching to a different card reader solved the issue.

-Kirk

Offline craig pulsifer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 04:40:22 PM »
... and hearty thanks for it!  You guys rock!

~ craig