Author Topic: Color class not copied...  (Read 6440 times)

Offline salobaas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Color class not copied...
« on: July 22, 2006, 07:28:25 AM »
Hi Kirk,

when copying the IPTC info from jpg's to nef's the color class of the jpg is not copied. I expect this to be a feature and not a bug, but in my workflow, where I process with Bibble the winners (not marked as such in PM but in Bibble) I then use PM to IPTC caption, keyword and color select the winner jpg's in PM and next I load these jpg's into the original nef folder via "Open in Current Contact Sheet" after which I do "Update IPTC/XMP" to get this info back into the nef's However, the color class is not transferred. Would be nice to have an option to do this too.

Cheers, Fons.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color class not copied...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 10:23:43 AM »
Fons,

When copying the IPTC info from jpg's to nef's the color class of the jpg is not copied. I expect this to be a feature and not a bug, but in my workflow, where I process with Bibble the winners (not marked as such in PM but in Bibble) I then use PM to IPTC caption, keyword and color select the winner jpg's in PM and next I load these jpg's into the original nef folder via "Open in Current Contact Sheet" after which I do "Update IPTC/XMP" to get this info back into the nef's However, the color class is not transferred. Would be nice to have an option to do this too.

Here is what I would suggest you do:

Process your NEF files to JPEGs in Bibble.  Then open the JPEG folder and the NEF folder together as a single contact sheet.  Then do your IPTC captioning, Color Classification, Tagging, Renaming, etc. while they are joined together.

Then you won't even need the Update IPTC/XMP tool.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline salobaas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 01:21:07 AM »
Yes, but then I've to step also over the many NEF's that have not been processed and that I don't want to caption, or there should be an option to step to the next jpg+nef pair and skip the single nefs.

Cheers, Fons.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 06:46:09 AM »
Fons,

Yes, but then I've to step also over the many NEF's that have not been processed and that I don't want to caption, or there should be an option to step to the next jpg+nef pair and skip the single nefs.

If you create a Custom Sort using the {rawplusjpeg} variable as the Primary sort criteria, and {filenamebase} as the Secondary sort criteria, your RAW+JPEG pairs will sort to the top, followed by your plain NEF files.

-Kirk