Author Topic: Waterrmarking not showing  (Read 8979 times)

Offline Racer Ready

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Waterrmarking not showing
« on: May 08, 2009, 04:49:07 AM »
I have clicked the "on" button for watermarking yet when i check that the watermark looks good on the pictures, it is not showing at all! Any ideas?

I am running Vista.

???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Waterrmarking not showing
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 06:41:59 AM »
I have clicked the "on" button for watermarking yet when i check that the watermark looks good on the pictures, it is not showing at all! Any ideas?

What function are you performing the Watermarking in?  What version of Photo Mechanic are you using?

Can you post a JPEG screenshot of your Watermarking dialog?

-Kirk

Offline Racer Ready

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 07:21:35 AM »
The function that i am doing the water marking is, is what I have always done it in - the sending thumbnails as emails.

The version of photo mechanics is the latest one downloadable from the web (due to a drive failure, re-downloaded yesterday).

It worked once and then nothing.....

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 08:02:44 AM »
The function that i am doing the water marking is, is what I have always done it in - the sending thumbnails as emails.

The version of photo mechanics is the latest one downloadable from the web (due to a drive failure, re-downloaded yesterday).

It worked once and then nothing.....

Bring up the About box from the Help menu.  What version does it say?
Can you post a screen shot of the Watermarking dialog and the Send Photos dialogs?  Use the 'Additional Options...' link to upload your JPEG screenshots, please.

-Kirk

Offline Racer Ready

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 08:16:06 AM »
version 4.6

sadly I do not have any screen capture software but from the dialogue i have tried clicking and unclicking the draw text; changing the opacity, colour, position and alignment; I have the bold and italic's clicked on; Inset 5%, width 40% and height 40% and have tried the image clicked both on and off. Am at my wits end. The only thing I can think of doing is reloading the whole programme?

Regarding the send photo dialogue, the image size is medium; the jpeg quality low (36kb); sharpen and watermark are the only two other boxes clicked.

I hope this helps....

Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 08:55:24 AM »
Neil,

version 4.6

sadly I do not have any screen capture software but from the dialogue i have tried clicking and unclicking the draw text; changing the opacity, colour, position and alignment; I have the bold and italic's clicked on; Inset 5%, width 40% and height 40% and have tried the image clicked both on and off. Am at my wits end. The only thing I can think of doing is reloading the whole programme?

Regarding the send photo dialogue, the image size is medium; the jpeg quality low (36kb); sharpen and watermark are the only two other boxes clicked.

Ctrl-Shift-PrtScn will grab the screen and put it into the clipboard, then opening up Microsoft Paint and pasting will allow you to save your image as a JPEG.

Please get the 4.6.1 beta 7 version from the Announcements section of the forums.  It may solve your problem.  If you want interactive help on this issue, please call 503-547-2888 and the support folks will be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue.

-Kirk

Offline Racer Ready

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 09:23:39 AM »
I have downloaded but still no change.

I have done the screen dumps as requested. Am in the UK so is there a UK number available?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 09:34:28 AM »
I have downloaded but still no change.

I have done the screen dumps as requested. Am in the UK so is there a UK number available?

No, we're only based in the USA.

Try breaking up your text into multiple lines or make your width percentage larger.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Racer Ready

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 10:04:39 AM »
Still not working so will try reloading the programme....

Offline Racer Ready

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 10:38:50 AM »
Reloaded and still not working....

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.