Author Topic: Burning file to DVD  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Michael B

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Burning file to DVD
« on: May 18, 2009, 01:41:06 PM »
I want to burn to a DVD from my back up drive with the files set up thus:
Travel
   BA2009.4.1
   BA2009.4.2
   BA2009.4.3
   etc.
My problem is I can select any BA... 1, 2, or 3 but but only one at a time, so what should take 2 tops 3 DVD will take 5.
AM I MISSING SOMETHING... trying to do the impossible?
I do have a work around by not using PM and going directly to my back up drive and dragging them to a burn folder (Mac) until I fill the DVD

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Burning file to DVD
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 02:28:46 PM »
Michael,

I want to burn to a DVD from my back up drive with the files set up thus:
Travel
   BA2009.4.1
   BA2009.4.2
   BA2009.4.3
   etc.
My problem is I can select any BA... 1, 2, or 3 but but only one at a time, so what should take 2 tops 3 DVD will take 5.
AM I MISSING SOMETHING... trying to do the impossible?
I do have a work around by not using PM and going directly to my back up drive and dragging them to a burn folder (Mac) until I fill the DVD

Are these "BA2009.4.1, BA2009.4.2, BA2009.4.3" items folders or files?  If they're folders, then you just need to open all of these folders into a single Contact Sheet tab.  Then select all of the files and burn them to disc.  Photo Mechanic will automatically span the photos across the discs and you can choose to keep the directory structure up to two levels deep.

To open multiple folders in a single contact sheet tab, use the Navigator and right-click (Ctrl-click for Mac OS X users with a single button mouse) on the "Travel" folder and choose one of the 'Open Folder and Sub-folder' options.

HTH,

-Kirk