Author Topic: How to erase exif fields with photomecanic  (Read 2718 times)

Offline MarcoDG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to erase exif fields with photomecanic
« on: May 20, 2009, 07:31:49 AM »
I'm running PM 4.6 on Mac os 10.5.6 on a mac pro with 10gb ram.
I shoot raw pictureswith nikon D3, edit with PM, developp with lightroom, retouch with photoshop and select the pictures to send with PM. So at that final step I would like to erase the exif data.
When I send pictures to clients I would like to erase the exif fields as these datas are important to me but I don't want to share them with my clients.
As it is easier to stay in the same software (or use as few softwares as possible) I wonder if there is a way to erase them with PM ?

Thanks in advance
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to erase exif fields with photomecanic
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 08:01:15 AM »
Marc,

I'm running PM 4.6 on Mac os 10.5.6 on a mac pro with 10gb ram.
I shoot raw pictureswith nikon D3, edit with PM, developp with lightroom, retouch with photoshop and select the pictures to send with PM. So at that final step I would like to erase the exif data.
When I send pictures to clients I would like to erase the exif fields as these datas are important to me but I don't want to share them with my clients.
As it is easier to stay in the same software (or use as few softwares as possible) I wonder if there is a way to erase them with PM ?

In the Upload dialog, you'll have to upload "Saved as JPEG", and in the "Operations" section, un-check the "Preserve EXIF information when possible" checkbox.  This will leave out the current EXIF information in the newly created and uploaded JPEG.

-Kirk

Offline MarcoDG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: How to erase exif fields with photomecanic
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 04:43:14 AM »
thanks kirk  ;)