Author Topic: Colors & Star Rating not transferring?  (Read 3289 times)

Offline csgaraglino

• View Profile
    • Widow Creek
Colors & Star Rating not transferring?
« on: May 23, 2009, 08:55:19 AM »
Hello,
I just bought PM last week (v4.6) and ran into an issue where NX2 was not seeing Colors from PM.
I was told that the Beta 8 version had this fixed.
I downloaded and installed the Beta 8 about 10 minutes ago and now I have worse problems than before?

Neither PM nor NX2 can see the Color or Star Rating settings or changes from the other program?

I dumped Lightroom (at $300 bucks) strictly for compatibility with NX2 and PM 4.6 doesn't work nor does the beta.

Please help - I can NOT move forward until these (seemingly simple) issues are fixed!

If I need to make some preference changes - please advise!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:58:32 AM by csgaraglino »
Regards,
Chris Sgaraglino
www.WidowCreek.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Colors & Star Rating not transferring?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »
Chris,
I just bought PM last week (v4.6) and ran into an issue where NX2 was not seeing Colors from PM.
I was told that the Beta 8 version had this fixed.
I downloaded and installed the Beta 8 about 10 minutes ago and now I have worse problems than before?

Neither PM nor NX2 can see the Color or Star Rating settings or changes from the other program?

Do you have PM set to embed IPTC4XMP into your TIFF-based RAW files?  Are you using the same Color Class label names in both applications?

Below are settings that work well with Capture NX2 and Photo Mechanic.  The hilighted sections are the only portions that you need to duplicate in your settings.  The dimmed sections may be changed to your liking.

Please let me know if you have any further difficulties.

-Kirk

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline csgaraglino

• View Profile
    • Widow Creek
Re: Colors & Star Rating not transferring?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 02:20:37 PM »
Thanks, works perfect...
Regards,
Chris Sgaraglino
www.WidowCreek.com