Author Topic: SmugMug UpLoader?  (Read 2450 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
SmugMug UpLoader?
« on: May 31, 2009, 04:39:58 AM »
Kirk - As usual I have problems with SmugMug (can't wait to switch). Now that I can create galleries. I often get this error -
 2009-05-31 07:02:36   [ERROR]   K:\Images\20090530\4994-JASD3090530.JPG   SmugMug   Could not obtain SmugMug gallery id for 090530 -Softball - UCLA Vs. Florida. Does the gallery exist?
 Even though it created the gallery - I've had a few pictures upload then the rest got the error & I've had all not upload. I think I've done this 6 or 7 times and always had errors (multiple).
It's still VERY SLOW Compared to Photoshelter even when it works.
I'm on my 4th atempt at my current gallery - it has no error so far 58 images in 10 minutes at 40% of a D3 & medium jpg setting.  

EDIT - Actually I CAN NOT create & upload in the same step - The first try create the gallery but won't upload then try again but upload to the previously created gallery.

Also the gallery defaults to "Listed" which is visable to all with print & downloads available for FREE. untill I get to change it. BAD Default settings. There are also a few other default settings that I need to go and change - anoying.
I would bet these are issues on their end BUT...
I'm still using the last 4.6.1 beta
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:02:07 AM by JAS Photo »
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SmugMug UpLoader?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 07:17:05 AM »
Joe,

Kirk - As usual I have problems with SmugMug (can't wait to switch). Now that I can create galleries. I often get this error -
 2009-05-31 07:02:36   [ERROR]   K:\Images\20090530\4994-JASD3090530.JPG   SmugMug   Could not obtain SmugMug gallery id for 090530 -Softball - UCLA Vs. Florida. Does the gallery exist?
 Even though it created the gallery - I've had a few pictures upload then the rest got the error & I've had all not upload. I think I've done this 6 or 7 times and always had errors (multiple).
It's still VERY SLOW Compared to Photoshelter even when it works.
I'm on my 4th atempt at my current gallery - it has no error so far 58 images in 10 minutes at 40% of a D3 & medium jpg setting.  

EDIT - Actually I CAN NOT create & upload in the same step - The first try create the gallery but won't upload then try again but upload to the previously created gallery.

Also the gallery defaults to "Listed" which is visable to all with print & downloads available for FREE. untill I get to change it. BAD Default settings. There are also a few other default settings that I need to go and change - anoying.
I would bet these are issues on their end BUT...
I'm still using the last 4.6.1 beta

I'm sorry you're having difficulties.  We released 4.6.1 as a final version on the 28th of May.  We tested the SmugMug uploader and it worked quite well for us with no issues whatsoever.

Please try the final 4.6.1 version.  You can get a link to it from the Announcements section of the forums.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SmugMug UpLoader?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:02:52 PM »

The SmugMug uploader template needs to be changed to stop you from creating the gallery and starting an upload before the gallery creation is complete.  We'll fix that.  In the meantime if you'll just pause a moment until you see the "Opening connection..." message get replaced by "Ready." then it should work fine.

As for the speed issue, we don't know what is going on for you since there is no speed issue in our testing.  Allowing two files to be uploaded simultaneously should alleviate the problem but it sounds like it doesn't do the trick for you.  Check the Uploader Preferences (use the Preferences... button at the bottom of the window) and make sure you're allowing concurrent uploads.

-Kirk