Author Topic: AVI import/renaming differences between machines.  (Read 2979 times)

Offline rswinter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
AVI import/renaming differences between machines.
« on: June 24, 2009, 07:58:22 PM »
Hi,  I'm a fairly recent user and this was the first time I had AVI files on the P&S's SD card.   I noticed when I injested the card, on one of my PC's (Visata) the AVI files were treated like a picture file and renamed and put in the same directory (I just drop them into folders of the date shot and add the date/time shot to the filename.)  When I injested AVIs from the same card on my WinXP machine, The date/time was not added to the filename like it does for my pictures, not was it put into the same directory as the jpg's shot on the same day.  It went into a directory with just "-A590" which is what I add to the folder name (camera trype).

I am running 4.6.1 on both machines and have all the exact same settings on the injest page.  Is this difference due to WinXP-Vista differences, or something else I have set improperly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: AVI import/renaming differences between machines.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 11:51:13 PM »
Hi,  I'm a fairly recent user and this was the first time I had AVI files on the P&S's SD card.   I noticed when I injested the card, on one of my PC's (Visata) the AVI files were treated like a picture file and renamed and put in the same directory (I just drop them into folders of the date shot and add the date/time shot to the filename.)  When I injested AVIs from the same card on my WinXP machine, The date/time was not added to the filename like it does for my pictures, not was it put into the same directory as the jpg's shot on the same day.  It went into a directory with just "-A590" which is what I add to the folder name (camera trype).

I am running 4.6.1 on both machines and have all the exact same settings on the injest page.  Is this difference due to WinXP-Vista differences, or something else I have set improperly.

Do you have QuickTime installed on any of these systems?

-Kirk

Offline rswinter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 10:02:50 PM »
The Vista machine does,  the WinXP machine does not.   Does PM use that to interpret the AVI files?  I can certainly load it and see if that helps..

Thanks!

-S

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 10:37:17 PM »
The Vista machine does,  the WinXP machine does not.   Does PM use that to interpret the AVI files?  I can certainly load it and see if that helps..

Yes, Photo Mechanic does use QuickTime to work with movie file formats.  If QuickTime is not installed, functionality is reduced.

-Kirk