Author Topic: Issues with Tiger 10.4.7 and PM 4.4.3.1  (Read 4618 times)

Offline MikeFoxPhotojournalist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Issues with Tiger 10.4.7 and PM 4.4.3.1
« on: July 29, 2006, 05:58:06 PM »
Not sure if this is already covered somewhere...

I have been using PM for several years so am pretty sure that I am not doing anything wrong.  Since downloading 4.4.3.1 I have found that sometimes PM fails to launch, required a reboot to be able to continue using my Powerbook (Power PC) and to try launching again.  I have not been able to find a consistent scenario for this to occur - everytime is a crap shoot.  Then when loaded and displaying a folder of, say, 1000 images each of around 5Mb, some images appear as black thumbnails but open OK when in individual image view mode.

None of these things has occurred before so I can only put it down to the new version.

Thoughts?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Issues with Tiger 10.4.7 and PM 4.4.3.1
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 08:09:18 PM »
Not sure if this is already covered somewhere...

I have been using PM for several years so am pretty sure that I am not doing anything wrong.  Since downloading 4.4.3.1 I have found that sometimes PM fails to launch, required a reboot to be able to continue using my Powerbook (Power PC) and to try launching again.  I have not been able to find a consistent scenario for this to occur - everytime is a crap shoot.  Then when loaded and displaying a folder of, say, 1000 images each of around 5Mb, some images appear as black thumbnails but open OK when in individual image view mode.

None of these things has occurred before so I can only put it down to the new version.

Thoughts?

When you say it fails to launch, do you get any messages?
As far as the black thumbnails go, try setting your Disk Cache to Empty on Quit.  (Preferences->Caching).

-Kirk