Author Topic: Sharpen previews feature _should not_ sharpen if photo at 100% zoom  (Read 2282 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Hi Kirk, at least on the 4.6.2 beta 1, when I have sharpen previews turned on, it sharpens the displayed photo even if zoomed to 100% view.

In my humble opinion, sharpening of previews should be automatically turned off when one views the photo at 100%, when one wants to see the pure pixels of the photo. After all, sharpening the previews should be IMHO only done for less than 100% zoom (ie smaller) view, because the resizing process for displaying does loose some sharpness. Maybe it was intended that way, maybe not, but I do think the current behaviour is wrong :)

Thanks, Frantisek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sharpen previews feature _should not_ sharpen if photo at 100% zoom
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 12:00:37 PM »
Frantisek,

Hi Kirk, at least on the 4.6.2 beta 1, when I have sharpen previews turned on, it sharpens the displayed photo even if zoomed to 100% view.

In my humble opinion, sharpening of previews should be automatically turned off when one views the photo at 100%, when one wants to see the pure pixels of the photo. After all, sharpening the previews should be IMHO only done for less than 100% zoom (ie smaller) view, because the resizing process for displaying does loose some sharpness. Maybe it was intended that way, maybe not, but I do think the current behaviour is wrong :)

OK, this would be a feature request since this isn't a regression from 4.6.1 to 4.6.2.

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Re: Sharpen previews feature _should not_ sharpen if photo at 100% zoom
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »
Ok sorry should have posted it over in the appropriate section :)