Author Topic: Exporting gallery to iWeb  (Read 2864 times)

Offline chubacca1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Exporting gallery to iWeb
« on: October 27, 2009, 07:43:11 AM »
I'm trying to create a photo gallery for a wedding client to view using your export function. I've tried using the URL that is created in iWeb but I can't seem to find the gallery anywhere once it is generated in PM. I am running Snow Leopard on a MacBook Pro if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

chubacca1

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Exporting gallery to iWeb
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 09:53:45 AM »
I'm trying to create a photo gallery for a wedding client to view using your export function. I've tried using the URL that is created in iWeb but I can't seem to find the gallery anywhere once it is generated in PM. I am running Snow Leopard on a MacBook Pro if that makes any difference.

Well, where did you save it?  It is stored where you chose the directory for output.

-Kirk

Offline chubacca1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 04:29:25 AM »
Well, I've tries a couple different places. I started with a folder on my desktop, then a folder on my iDisk/Sites folder. This is what I get from the latter - file:///Volumes/username/Sites/index.html. Should I be writing a URL in the window while creating the SV gallery in PM? I've tried that but maybe I'm not putting the right URL in.

Thanks,

John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 06:52:42 AM »
John,

Well, I've tries a couple different places. I started with a folder on my desktop, then a folder on my iDisk/Sites folder. This is what I get from the latter - file:///Volumes/username/Sites/index.html. Should I be writing a URL in the window while creating the SV gallery in PM? I've tried that but maybe I'm not putting the right URL in.

I take it you're using iWeb to create the 'outer' part of your website?  And you want to reference your exported gallery in it?

You're going to have to upload your exported gallery to your server and then change the URL referencing the gallery to the URL of the exported gallery on your server.  The 'file://' URL only references local files on your particular system.  That won't work once you publish your iWeb pages on your server.

If you need more help with this, send me a personal message with your contact information and a best time to call and I'll see if I can find the time to walk you through the process.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline chubacca1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 09:03:44 AM »
Thanks Kirk, that's exactly what I am trying to do. I don't want to clog my regular we site with all the photos from the wedding my client wants to see so I want to create a gallery using iWeb and your Simple Viewer program. I'll try sending you a personal message later today.

John

Offline chubacca1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 08:28:13 PM »
Hey Kirk,

I did a little messing around with the URL tonight and I figured it out finally. Thanks for your help.

John