Author Topic: Live Slideshow  (Read 2728 times)

Offline nmf

• View Profile
Live Slideshow
« on: November 17, 2009, 09:19:46 AM »
Just updated to 4.6.2 and love in particular the Live Ingest and Live Slideshow features.

However, is there any chance you could add a back and forward option using the arrow keys please ? I am envisaging something similar to the normal slideshow where a user can go back to previous images, though not via the loop function in the Live Slideshow as is required in the normal one.

Being able to see the latest image at full monitor size is great but at present it appears I have to exit and go into the contact sheet, then Preview in order to be able to check, for example, the composition or detail in the previous images which have been downloaded. The alternative appears to be to view large thumbnails via the contact sheet but the Ingest dialog comes to the front after each ingest so losing part of the screen and, because the contact sheet doesn't scroll down as the images are ingested, it isn't then possible to see the most recent image without scrolling down manually which isn't always practical.

In my mind at least, it is always best to be able to see the latest ingested image but then to be able to quickly check back to see the previous versions from that set. I am thinking in particular of those occasions when working with an art director who asks "can we see the previous image ?"

As always I appreciate not everything is possible, and that I may have missed the relevant checkboxes to enable this, but I can't find a mention in the new manual of this feature.

(MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5.5)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Slideshow
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 10:34:27 AM »
Just updated to 4.6.2 and love in particular the Live Ingest and Live Slideshow features.

However, is there any chance you could add a back and forward option using the arrow keys please ? I am envisaging something similar to the normal slideshow where a user can go back to previous images, though not via the loop function in the Live Slideshow as is required in the normal one.

Being able to see the latest image at full monitor size is great but at present it appears I have to exit and go into the contact sheet, then Preview in order to be able to check, for example, the composition or detail in the previous images which have been downloaded. The alternative appears to be to view large thumbnails via the contact sheet but the Ingest dialog comes to the front after each ingest so losing part of the screen and, because the contact sheet doesn't scroll down as the images are ingested, it isn't then possible to see the most recent image without scrolling down manually which isn't always practical.

In my mind at least, it is always best to be able to see the latest ingested image but then to be able to quickly check back to see the previous versions from that set. I am thinking in particular of those occasions when working with an art director who asks "can we see the previous image ?"

As always I appreciate not everything is possible, and that I may have missed the relevant checkboxes to enable this, but I can't find a mention in the new manual of this feature.

(MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5.5)

We're working on some options for the Live Slide Show feature.

-Kirk

Offline nmf

• View Profile
Re: Live Slideshow
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »
Thank you.