Author Topic: FTP upload fails - only on mac  (Read 4156 times)

Offline rim_light

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP upload fails - only on mac
« on: November 19, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »
Hi,

yes, sure PM is a fantastic program! My only problem is, that I cannot upload via ftp to the push-server of my agency - but only with OSX (Leopard and Snow Leopard). It works with the same settings with my windows vista machine.
The error message is: Could not make connection to server.
And yes: I triple checked the setting, passwords, etc...
What else can I do?

Sincerly
Stefan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP upload fails - only on mac
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 02:12:32 PM »
Stefan,

yes, sure PM is a fantastic program! My only problem is, that I cannot upload via ftp to the push-server of my agency - but only with OSX (Leopard and Snow Leopard). It works with the same settings with my windows vista machine.
The error message is: Could not make connection to server.
And yes: I triple checked the setting, passwords, etc...
What else can I do?

I don't know.  I can only offer to have you send me your settings and we can try it on our end and see if we can replicate the problem and then see if we can fix it.  Please do not post them here.  Send me a personal message by clicking on my name to the left of this message.  Then click on the 'Send this member a personal message' link.

-Kirk

Offline rim_light

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »
Thanks for your very kind offer!
I can't do this as everything you will upload will directly go the the picture managment system of the agency.

I will have a call with the system administrator of the agency.

Once again: thx a lot!

Best wishes
Stefan

Offline arlandisphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:23:13 AM »
Hello,

I just bought a New MBP Retina and Im trying to make the shift from PC to Mac but keep on having issues!

I can not upload to my Agency FTP server using PM. with all the settings being ok as I made the test on my pc and it works just fine. Something else, I am able to upload directly into my Photoshelter platform so I am really lost here.

I have checked with Apple just in case I had some port disable or any firewall blocking something but everything seems to be on the right place.

Did you sorted out  "rim_light"s problem? Do you have any idea about how can I make it work?

PS. I am able to send images to my Photoshelter account through PMv5 with any problem. Although it is true that I am also having issues sending images to Demotix but the error is different. with Demotix it says: "Unable to upload because: Some account settings appear invalid or missing. Please click the Connections button."
But with my agency FTP it makes the attempt to send the images bringing the transference dialoge box but immediately fails with this message: [error: Could not make connection to server. ]

Any idea?

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 09:29:24 AM »
arlandisphoto,

What do you have in your FTP Server Name or Address field? It should either be an address like "yourwebsite.com" or an IP such as "8.8.8.8"
You do not need to lead the server address with "ftp://"
If they have a custom FTP port set on the server then you should make sure that's set correctly.