Author Topic: Structured Keyword Panel improvement  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Pavel

• View Profile
Structured Keyword Panel improvement
« on: December 09, 2009, 12:13:42 PM »
Hello.  I finaly got my licence to PM at work.  In setting it up I noticed what I thought was different behavior than what I was used to but I could be wrong.  In my personal photography I don't any longer use the structured keywords so it has been a while but I think I remember that it used to be that I could set up the browser window showing icons on half the page and at the same time the structured keyword panel on the bottom half of the page and (and this is the issue) I could navigate with the arrow from one picture to the next while double clicking on a keyword to add the path to each shot in turn. Now clicking inside the structured keyword panel takes the focus away from the browser window and I can't move forward to the next shot until I move the mouse click inside the browser and then arrow forward and then move BACK to the keyword panel with the mouse - to be repeated over and over.

I won't bore anyone with the reason why I like to work this way to apply the keywords but it would really work so much better if one could navigate through the pictures with the keyboard and simply keep the mouse hovered over the structured keywords to select and add them without having to mouse all over back and forth.  Is there a preference setting where this could be made to work? Or is there some keyboard shortcut that I have forgotten about?

In any case, I'd like to plead to have this functionality possible in Photomechanic.  Thanks! :)

Alternatively, and even better perhaps would be to incorporate a filmstrip inside of the structured keyword panel pane, with magnification behavior similar perhaps to how it is currently in the regular keyword pane.  That would work well and quickly as well for those who need to add structured keywords to one frame at a time (and have medium large volumes to contend with)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Structured Keyword Panel improvement
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:21:11 PM »
Pavel,

What version of PM are you using and what OS are you using it on?

There never has been a way to anchor the Structured Keywords panel/dialog into the area where the thumbnails in the contact sheet reside.

-Kirk

Offline Pavel

• View Profile
Re: Structured Keyword Panel improvement
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »
Kirk, at work I'm using  the latest  4.6.2.1 with OSX 10.5.8 and at home with 10.6x.
I did not mean that I had the keyword panel anchored ... simply placed at the bottom so that I could see both at the same time. EAch window would occupy half the screen.(overlapping windows drive me nuts :) )  Here at work I am using two monitors and it would be great if the the arrow key, or a keyboard shortcut would still move to the next shot in the browser even when the focus is on the structured keyword panel.

If my memory serves me I could move from shot to shot with the arrow key and apply the keywords with a double click.  I don't recall having the structured keyword panel move focus so that I would have to click on the browser window each time.  But perhaps my memory is faulty?  The last time I used this at home was over a year ago.

Thanks.