Author Topic: Data analysis  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Del

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Data analysis
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:17:32 AM »
Hi,
One thing that would be useful would be the ability to analyze data recorded by the camera for future decisions.  One that I had to do by hand and the use of Excel was a histogram of focal lengths used on a shoot.  That data was useful in making a determination of what lense I might buy or what lenses to bring on the next shoot.  Information re use of lense opening and shutter speed may be helpful as well.
Exporting the focal length data from a set of pix to Excel would work for me, especially if a canned spreadsheet/graph was already developed.
Thx//Del

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Data analysis
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »
Del,

One thing that would be useful would be the ability to analyze data recorded by the camera for future decisions.  One that I had to do by hand and the use of Excel was a histogram of focal lengths used on a shoot.  That data was useful in making a determination of what lense I might buy or what lenses to bring on the next shoot.  Information re use of lense opening and shutter speed may be helpful as well.
Exporting the focal length data from a set of pix to Excel would work for me, especially if a canned spreadsheet/graph was already developed.

The Text Exporter template in the Exporter dialog is quite capable of writing out tab-separated or comma-separated text files.  Works great with Microsoft Excel!

-Kirk

Offline Yvan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Data analysis
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »
One useful freeware is ExposurePlot. Nice tool for such analysis.