Author Topic: Licence for laptop - been asked before?  (Read 10860 times)

Offline foyle3

• View Profile
Licence for laptop - been asked before?
« on: August 12, 2006, 03:58:43 AM »
Even Photoshop allows a copy on the laptop as long as it's not used concurrently - I have PM on the desktop and love it - but can't justify a separate version on the laptop for when I have a rush to transmit - at least some sort of concession guys.  Just found the manual - excellent - shouldn't it be available direct from the "help" box where most of us go when we need "HEEEEELP!" Cheers Derek Simpson

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Licence for laptop - been asked before?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 07:53:41 AM »
Derek,

Even Photoshop allows a copy on the laptop as long as it's not used concurrently - I have PM on the desktop and love it - but can't justify a separate version on the laptop for when I have a rush to transmit - at least some sort of concession guys.  Just found the manual - excellent - shouldn't it be available direct from the "help" box where most of us go when we need "HEEEEELP!" Cheers Derek Simpson

We allow for that situation too.  It doesn't matter to us that one system is a laptop and one is a desktop.  We allow two systems, just as long as they are not in use concurrently.

Install away.

-Kirk

Offline foyle3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 03:19:38 PM »
Shock amazement and delight - I understood  it as single computer only - great and thanks.

Offline pwgphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 06:48:31 AM »
Kirk I use PM at work on a PC and love it.  I am thinking about buying it for my home use.  The problem is I currently use a PC as my desktop machine and mac powerbook as my laptop.  I hope to upgrade the PB to a PC based laptop next year but in the mean time I wonder if PM will work on a PC and Mac.   Either way I will most likely get it but it would be great if I could use it on the laptop too.

Thanks
Paul W Gillespie
The Annapolis Capital.
Paul W. Gillespie
Photographer
The Capital Newspaper
Annapolis, MD

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 06:50:50 AM »
Paul,

Kirk I use PM at work on a PC and love it.  I am thinking about buying it for my home use.  The problem is I currently use a PC as my desktop machine and mac powerbook as my laptop.  I hope to upgrade the PB to a PC based laptop next year but in the mean time I wonder if PM will work on a PC and Mac.   Either way I will most likely get it but it would be great if I could use it on the laptop too.

Yes, we have a Windows version (2000, and XP), and a Mac OS X version (10.3.5 and higher).  Both versions are available for download from our website.

-Kirk

Offline pwgphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 07:34:44 AM »
Kirk thanks for the fast reply.  I am not sure I was clear enough in my question.  Can I download both the PC version for my desktop and Mac version for my laptop and use both under the same license until next year when I get my new PC laptop?

Thanks
Paul W Gillespie
The Annapolis Capital
Paul W. Gillespie
Photographer
The Capital Newspaper
Annapolis, MD

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 08:04:15 AM »
Paul,

Kirk thanks for the fast reply.  I am not sure I was clear enough in my question.  Can I download both the PC version for my desktop and Mac version for my laptop and use both under the same license until next year when I get my new PC laptop?

Yes.  Just as long as both copies won't be in use at the same time by more than one person.

-Kirk