Author Topic: PhotoShelter Upload Problems  (Read 4488 times)

Offline Ves

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PhotoShelter Upload Problems
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:42:58 AM »
I have just encountered a problem that can hopefully be resolved.  After successfully selecting the PhotoShelter uploader, I was offered both my "subscriber account" and "MLB Photos" as options under "organization".  I successfully uploaded files to "MLB Photos", but now, everytime I attempt to use the PhotoShelter uploader, the "organization" menu is greyed out, and only MLB Photos is available!  I cannot access my subscriber account.  It queries the photographer folders, states that it is "ready", but, no longer offers the option to switch accounts.

I have trashed all preferences, installed a new version of the program, created a new "login", restarted the computer, but to no avail.  (Mac running 10.6.2 Snow Leopard). It should be noted that the stand alone PhotoShelter upload application works fine.  I can switch back and forth between organizations without a problem.

Perhaps this is something on PhotoShelter's end?  The reason I mention my client is perhaps because there is something wrong with how PhotoShelter is handling a "multi-user" account.

Any help is appreciated.  I can live with not being able to access everyone else, but I need to access my subscriber account.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PhotoShelter Upload Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 10:51:14 AM »
I have just encountered a problem that can hopefully be resolved.  After successfully selecting the PhotoShelter uploader, I was offered both my "subscriber account" and "MLB Photos" as options under "organization".  I successfully uploaded files to "MLB Photos", but now, everytime I attempt to use the PhotoShelter uploader, the "organization" menu is greyed out, and only MLB Photos is available!  I cannot access my subscriber account.  It queries the photographer folders, states that it is "ready", but, no longer offers the option to switch accounts.

I have trashed all preferences, installed a new version of the program, created a new "login", restarted the computer, but to no avail.  (Mac running 10.6.2 Snow Leopard). It should be noted that the stand alone PhotoShelter upload application works fine.  I can switch back and forth between organizations without a problem.

Perhaps this is something on PhotoShelter's end?  The reason I mention my client is perhaps because there is something wrong with how PhotoShelter is handling a "multi-user" account.

Any help is appreciated.  I can live with not being able to access everyone else, but I need to access my subscriber account.

I'll check with the developer of the PhotoShelter uploader template and get back to you (or he'll get back to you himself.)

-Kirk

Offline Ves

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 11:03:45 AM »
Kirk-

I figured out a work around...  I deleted my PhotoShelter account, created a new one with incorrect login criteria, had PhotoShelter reject it, then re-entered the correct information, and got my subscriber account back...

Worth noting... even when I deleted all of my PhotoShelter accounts , under PhotoShelter, the "organization" was still MLB Photos (greyed out), and the folder selection was still there (greyed out).

It wasn't until I tried logging in with incorrect information that it gave me back my subscriber account...

I am afraid to replicate it, though!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »
Kirk-

I figured out a work around...  I deleted my PhotoShelter account, created a new one with incorrect login criteria, had PhotoShelter reject it, then re-entered the correct information, and got my subscriber account back...

Worth noting... even when I deleted all of my PhotoShelter accounts , under PhotoShelter, the "organization" was still MLB Photos (greyed out), and the folder selection was still there (greyed out).

It wasn't until I tried logging in with incorrect information that it gave me back my subscriber account...

No, don't try to replicate it.  We'll do that.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Ves

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 11:46:52 AM »
Kirk-

No, don't try to replicate it.  We'll do that.

Thanks,

-Kirk

I spoke too soon... it reverted back (greyed out, no subscriber option) the next time I tried to upload!

Got it back again with my work around...  I didn't even have to "try" and replicate :-)