Author Topic: Structured Keywords Panel keyboard shortcut  (Read 4031 times)

Offline RichB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Structured Keywords Panel keyboard shortcut
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:46:16 AM »
Kirk,

I notice that the Keywords Panel keyboard shortcut Cmd+K is a toggle (show/hide), however the Structured Keywords Panel keyboard shortcut Alt+Cmd+K only shows the panel.  Alt+Cmd+K should behave like Cmd+K by alternatively hiding the panel.

Thanks,
Rich

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Structured Keywords Panel keyboard shortcut
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 10:40:19 AM »
Rich,

I notice that the Keywords Panel keyboard shortcut Cmd+K is a toggle (show/hide), however the Structured Keywords Panel keyboard shortcut Alt+Cmd+K only shows the panel.  Alt+Cmd+K should behave like Cmd+K by alternatively hiding the panel.

Why is that necessary?

-Kirk

Offline RichB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 11:20:34 AM »
I use the Wacom tablet and have a key that shows the Structured Keywords Panel via Alt+CMD+K.  I also have one that shows the Keywords Panel via CMD+K.  For the Keywords Panel, I merely have to press the Wacom key to show or hide it.  For the Structured Keywords Panel, I can press the Wacom key to show it, but I have to switch to the keyboard or use the mouse to hide it.  It is not as efficient.  Sometimes I want to hide all of the panels so I can look at the contact sheet without any overlays.

I certainly accept your decision on how it should work. 

Rich

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 11:40:30 AM »
Rich,

I use the Wacom tablet and have a key that shows the Structured Keywords Panel via Alt+CMD+K.  I also have one that shows the Keywords Panel via CMD+K.  For the Keywords Panel, I merely have to press the Wacom key to show or hide it.  For the Structured Keywords Panel, I can press the Wacom key to show it, but I have to switch to the keyboard or use the mouse to hide it.  It is not as efficient.  Sometimes I want to hide all of the panels so I can look at the contact sheet without any overlays.

I certainly accept your decision on how it should work. 

I can make it toggle.

EDIT: please try the beta 4.6.4 version.  It should toggle now.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:32:30 AM by Kirk Baker »