Author Topic: Bolder arrows when directory is selected in Navigator Panel  (Read 2540 times)

Offline puzzlecat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Bolder arrows when directory is selected in Navigator Panel
« on: April 04, 2010, 05:21:49 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.3 and Photo Mechanic 4.6.3.

When a folder is highlighted in the Navigator Panel, the arrow is too weak to see clearly, so I frequently make the mistake of thinking I'm looking at an empty directory.

In a future version would it be possible to make the little arrow next to the folder name be a bit darker color when the folder is selected in the Navigator Panel?

Thanks ... good to be back with Photo Mechanic!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bolder arrows when directory is selected in Navigator Panel
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 07:15:33 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.3 and Photo Mechanic 4.6.3.

When a folder is highlighted in the Navigator Panel, the arrow is too weak to see clearly, so I frequently make the mistake of thinking I'm looking at an empty directory.

In a future version would it be possible to make the little arrow next to the folder name be a bit darker color when the folder is selected in the Navigator Panel?

Thanks ... good to be back with Photo Mechanic!

The disclosure triangles are drawn by Apple's code.  There may be a way to override the rendering of the triangles, but I'm not sure it would be all that reassuring anyway since if you have multiple tabs open, the highlighting of the items in the Navigator isn't guaranteed to sync up with the currently selected tab.

-Kirk

Offline puzzlecat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 08:29:05 AM »
Oh well  :'(

Offline bazography

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 07:30:12 PM »
You can however change the color of the background. Maybe if you changed the background to white it would help make the arrows stand out better for you. Just a thought in case you haven't already tried it.

Control click on any folder or volume inside either the Favorites or the Navigation panel, choose preferences from the drop-down list and change the background color.