Author Topic: Access Violation in module MFC71.DLL  (Read 5828 times)

Offline Tony Fiorda

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Access Violation in module MFC71.DLL
« on: August 28, 2006, 05:52:11 PM »
Hello,

Since upgrading to PM 4.4.3.2, I've been experincing a PM crash when shutting it down.  PM sent the error information but it was kicked back as undeliverable.  BTW, the default email on the error report is: wincrashlogs@camerabits.com.

This is happening with a normal shutdown, i.e. either going to the File Menu and selecting Exit or going to the X in the upper right hand corner.  In this case I was sorting 191 files from over the weekend.  There were multiple folders opened in one contact sheet.

It is not usage affecting, it only happens when shutting down.  I still have the error report email, if you would like for me to send it on, just supply a valid email address. 
Tony...
Tony...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Access Violation in module MFC71.DLL
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 05:58:32 PM »
Tony,

Since upgrading to PM 4.4.3.2, I've been experincing a PM crash when shutting it down.  PM sent the error information but it was kicked back as undeliverable.  BTW, the default email on the error report is: wincrashlogs@camerabits.com.

This is happening with a normal shutdown, i.e. either going to the File Menu and selecting Exit or going to the X in the upper right hand corner.  In this case I was sorting 191 files from over the weekend.  There were multiple folders opened in one contact sheet.

It is not usage affecting, it only happens when shutting down.  I still have the error report email, if you would like for me to send it on, just supply a valid email address. 

We know about the issue and are working on a fix. We'll let everyone know when it is fixed.

Thanks for the heads up,

-Kirk

Offline Tony Fiorda

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 07:02:37 PM »
Kirk,

I thought I saw something on this earlier, but my search didn't turn up anything.  Probably using the wrong search terms.  :)  I'll look for the fix in a future version. 

Thanks!

Tony...
Tony...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 10:33:04 PM »
Tony, (and others)
I thought I saw something on this earlier, but my search didn't turn up anything.  Probably using the wrong search terms.  :)  I'll look for the fix in a future version.

I think I have finally solved the crash on quit problem.  I have readied a beta that I am looking for people to try out to see if it crashes on quit.  I only want volunteers that have been experiencing the frequent crashes on quit.  Please contact me privately for download information.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline nharnik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 06:33:17 AM »
My PM has suddenly become stable......and does not crash on exit anymore. It used to crash very frequently.

Only changes to my system (as far as I can recall) was an uninstall of PS CS2 retail upgrade version and install of a full version supplied by my company, and an uninstall of a QVidium media player.
And whatever Microsoft Windows upgrades...
Will be glad to share any system settings if you need.
n