Author Topic: exporting to bridge/acr to edit selected images  (Read 6066 times)

Offline Cams

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
exporting to bridge/acr to edit selected images
« on: June 16, 2010, 06:05:50 PM »
When I select 5 of 20 images to edit, bridge launches and 20 are exported not just the 5 that I selected .  How do I fix this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: exporting to bridge/acr to edit selected images
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 09:25:21 PM »
When I select 5 of 20 images to edit, bridge launches and 20 are exported not just the 5 that I selected .  How do I fix this?

I'm not sure it can be fixed.  Bridge is likely opening up the folder containing the images and is seeing all twenty.  I can assure you that PM will only launch selected items, and not any of the unselected items.

Generally, Bridge isn't used as an editor from Photo Mechanic.  Things like Photoshop or Capture NX2 are.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 05:22:37 AM »
Actually you can't; Bridge is directory orientated, not file orientated. If you open a file from the finder, you'll get the same behaviour.

But as kirk said, bridge isn't an editor, so why do you want to open it from PM?

Cheers,
     Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Cams

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 01:06:17 PM »
OK I see, my real goal is to open the images directly into Adobe Camera Raw 6.1.  I thought I needed to go through Bridge first but maybe I can go directly to ACR?   It's a plug-in for Photoshop CS5

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:04:39 PM »
OK I see, my real goal is to open the images directly into Adobe Camera Raw 6.1.  I thought I needed to go through Bridge first but maybe I can go directly to ACR?   It's a plug-in for Photoshop CS5

OK, then all you need to is send your selected photos to Photoshop and they will open in the ACR plugin automatically.

-Kirk