Author Topic: Outlook 2011 for Mac not on the email list  (Read 4371 times)

Offline dbacksjon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Outlook 2011 for Mac not on the email list
« on: October 04, 2010, 10:37:11 AM »
Hey all,
I did some digging but couldn't find an answer. I just installed Office 2011 for Mac and am using the latest PM. Tried to send photo via email and got an error message because it was trying to use Entourage and it wasn't there anymore. Looked for a menu item with Outlook but nada. Any thoughts on a fix for this or am i missing something easy?
Thanks,
Jon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Outlook 2011 for Mac not on the email list
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »
Jon,

I did some digging but couldn't find an answer. I just installed Office 2011 for Mac and am using the latest PM. Tried to send photo via email and got an error message because it was trying to use Entourage and it wasn't there anymore. Looked for a menu item with Outlook but nada. Any thoughts on a fix for this or am i missing something easy?

We'll have to write another AppleScript to support this new email client.  We don't have a copy of Office 2011 yet.

In the meantime you should be able to setup and use Apple's Mail application.

-Kirk

Offline dbacksjon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 01:23:50 PM »
Unfortunately in this corporate environment we are all on Outlook for specific IT reasons (even though i have been touting the effectiveness of mail for us Mac users)... i will make do until the update... I'm all set on mail at home so will switch it there... thanks Kirk...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 01:48:02 PM »
Jon,

Unfortunately in this corporate environment we are all on Outlook for specific IT reasons (even though i have been touting the effectiveness of mail for us Mac users)... i will make do until the update... I'm all set on mail at home so will switch it there... thanks Kirk...

It appears that Office 2011 for Mac is not yet available (ships late October).  How is it that you have it already?

Regards,

-Kirk