Author Topic: Hello and Questions  (Read 3476 times)

Offline APN

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello and Questions
« on: December 29, 2010, 04:40:35 AM »
Dear Forum community

I want to imagine me, i am fotographer for a german press agency, and since approximately 6 months I am working with photomechanic.

I hope you all can understand my bad english, unfortunately I speake it not often enough.

So I like PM very much a fantastic programm but I have some questions where I hope you can help me.

If I have a concert all the photos got the same iptc - aply on all and everything is fantastic

but if I have a football match or a red carpet i must write difference names in the pictures and I cant see which photo has a caption and which not... Is possible that the photos which have a caption got automatically a colour?

because I am marking the photos during the football game and at the game is a god moment and I must make photos I forget which photos have a question and which not.....

I cant delete the Iptc drafts at the flash symbol in the Iptc info window, I can only save there  

Before the update PM dont delete the colour which was in our template, we need the colours four our apis database.

Now if I write a template PM does not take the colour in the photo which I mark

I have more questions but I think this three a for the start enough :-)

Offline APN

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Hello and Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 05:16:30 AM »
I am working with PM 4.66 and Windows 7

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 06:30:18 AM »
1.if I have a football match or a red carpet i must write difference names in the pictures and I cant see which photo has a caption and which not... Is possible that the photos which have a caption got automatically a colour?

because I am marking the photos during the football game and at the game is a god moment and I must make photos I forget which photos have a question and which not.....

Everything depends on your workflow. I usually ingest photos with PM and during ingest I assign a basic caption to all the photos. Then I select the ones I want to send and mark them with a color. Then I edit their captions to include names and keywords. Then I open them in Lightroom and do the edit, then I send the photos.

You cannot set PM to change color automatically if a photo has a caption. But you can set it to show the caption under the filename, so you see if there is a caption or not.
Go to Preferences/Contact Sheet and on the center there are settings for the thumbnails with a dropdown box allowing you to set up how many and what types of file info details you want to be displayed under the filename. If you enable one or more additional fields you can use variables to set up what is shown.
You should enable Label 1 and insert {capt} to display caption in it.

2. I cant delete the Iptc drafts at the flash symbol in the Iptc info window, I can only save there

Try clicking while Shift (Alt for Mac) key is pressed. It shall open the folder in which PM stores these drafts and simply delete the file you don't want to use any more.

3. Before the update PM dont delete the colour which was in our template, we need the colours four our apis database.

Now if I write a template PM does not take the colour in the photo which I mark

I don't really understand this one. Could you explain?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline APN

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 07:18:56 AM »
Thank you for your answers Szurkebarat

Question 1

ok I must see, how can I show the caption under the filename? can i see the caption if i have my photos in the target which i want to send?

I mean if have 20 photos open in the target can I see then the caption or do you mean I must open all one after one?

Question 2

Fantastic thas was the problem

Question 3

I write a caption with photostation an than the caption got a colour/priority

on the Foto in the attach the 1 and the 2 this arrays are not in photomechanic

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 11:51:43 AM »
Question 1

ok I must see, how can I show the caption under the filename? can i see the caption if i have my photos in the target which i want to send?

I mean if have 20 photos open in the target can I see then the caption or do you mean I must open all one after one?

No, the captions will appear under the thumbnails in the contact sheet.  You can view them without having to open them individually.

Quote from: APN
Question 3

I write a caption with photostation an than the caption got a colour/priority

on the Foto in the attach the 1 and the 2 this arrays are not in photomechanic

PM does not offer the feature you described.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 03:39:47 AM »
Question 1

Like Kirk answered the caption appeares under the filename in the thumbnails view so you can see all photos together and see which ones have a caption and (the visible part of) the captions.

You can also see the caption in the preview window too by editing the Info text, but this was not your question (however in some cases it can also be quite helpful).

As Kirk told for question 3 there is no solution. PM does not support those fields.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com