Author Topic: Searches don't work into structured panel  (Read 2431 times)

Offline pacoferia

• Newcomer
  • Paco Feria / photojournalist
    • View Profile
Searches don't work into structured panel
« on: March 31, 2011, 11:10:06 PM »
Hi Kirk
I've searched into the support database but I didn't find any related post

Yesterday while I was working with the structured keyword panel suddenly searches stopped working properly, since then, always that I try to perform a keyword search I get the "text no found"message and  of course the keywords are there, I don't know why so strange behavior is happening I never see it before, I've tried everything, load again the thesaurus file, close and open photomechanic, also, different versions of photomechanic, but nothing works, I even loaded the original cvkc-v2 structured file, also I tried with a fresh copy of the latest beta version of photomechanic 4.6.7, reboot my computer, etc, etc, nothing works, really, really strange issue, please I`m in a hurry due that I need still introduce lots of keywords and I do it always with the structured keyword panel, without the search feature working properly this is really and arduous and almost an impossible task.
Thanks in advanced

Mac x Leopard 10.6.7
Photo Mechanic 4.6.6
Paco Feria / photojournalist
http://www.pacoferia.com

Offline pacoferia

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Searches don't work into structured panel
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:41:36 PM »
Ok forget this
I found the problem. I put here how to fix it, maybe it could help any other guy into the same problem that mine.

Well all was about deleting the StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt file into the com.camerabits.photomechanic ( mac x ) and voliĆ”, that file changed the codification characters by itself and that was the reason for searches not to work, so deleting it and loading your Hierarchy keywords file again everything come back working ok again.

Thanks

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:43:58 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
Ok forget this
I found the problem. I put here how to fix it, maybe it could help any other guy into the same problem that mine.

Well all was about deleting the StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt file into the com.camerabits.photomechanic ( mac x ) and voliĆ”, that file changed the codification characters by itself and that was the reason for searches not to work, so deleting it and loading your Hierarchy keywords file again everything come back working ok again.

Had you modified the Structured Keywords file outside of PM?

-Kirk

Offline pacoferia

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 12:08:11 AM »

Had you modified the Structured Keywords file outside of PM?

-Kirk

Thinking about I recall that I opened the structured keywords file with textwrangler .app but I changed nothing, maybe when I close the .app the codification was changed sure that it was the cause, but really I was not aware, well anyway the solution explained above worked perfectly.

thanks for your fast reply Kirk