Author Topic: Delete Master Keywords List  (Read 2021 times)

Offline CF Photo Art

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • CF Photo Art
Delete Master Keywords List
« on: June 11, 2011, 04:15:58 PM »
Hello from Germany!

I'm using PM 4.6.6 on Win 7 Professional (64 bit). I created a Master Keywords List with two keywords. Now I don't need these keywords any more and want to delete them. That works - until the next start from PM. These two keywords appear again at the keywords panel and at the IPTC Stationary Pad, using "Edit Keywords".

Is there any possibility to clear the list and keep it cleared? Now I deleted one word and changed the other to a word I'll need next year, when the second part of the season starts. These changes are kept when I start PM again. But that isn't the solution I want. I want an empty list, where the entries aren't back when I start PM the next time.
Carmen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Delete Master Keywords List
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 04:21:57 PM »
Hello from Germany!

I'm using PM 4.6.6 on Win 7 Professional (64 bit). I created a Master Keywords List with two keywords. Now I don't need these keywords any more and want to delete them. That works - until the next start from PM. These two keywords appear again at the keywords panel and at the IPTC Stationary Pad, using "Edit Keywords".

Is there any possibility to clear the list and keep it cleared? Now I deleted one word and changed the other to a word I'll need next year, when the second part of the season starts. These changes are kept when I start PM again. But that isn't the solution I want. I want an empty list, where the entries aren't back when I start PM the next time.

Is Photo Mechanic quitting when you ask it to, or are you terminating it with the Windows Task Manager?

-Kirk

Offline CF Photo Art

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • CF Photo Art
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 04:30:53 PM »
I use the X-Icon to close it.

I just used File -> Exit to close it. When I started it again, my two old keywords are back! Where do they come from? I deleted one and changed the other.
Carmen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:38:23 PM »
I use the X-Icon to close it.

I just used File -> Exit to close it. When I started it again, my two old keywords are back! Where do they come from? I deleted one and changed the other.

I don't know yet.  I'll have to investigate.

-Kirk