Author Topic: Nikonians Uploader  (Read 5188 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Nikonians Uploader
« on: August 06, 2011, 09:05:13 AM »
Kirk,

If possible, I would like the capability to upload images directly to Nikonians galleries from PM. It would be more convenient, and hopefully work better, than their software.

Mick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Nikonians Uploader
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 01:04:21 PM »
Mick,

If possible, I would like the capability to upload images directly to Nikonians galleries from PM. It would be more convenient, and hopefully work better, than their software.

Do they have documentation for their protocol?

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 01:13:04 PM »
I don't. I wonder who to ask?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »
I don't. I wonder who to ask?

Try asking on their forums.

-Kirk

Offline slartyb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • ShutterUP Studios
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »
Mick,
You could fire off a message to JRP on nikonians and I'm sure he can point you in the right direction. Just click on Team at the bottom of the home page, and click the email button beside JRP's name.

Cheers

Offline Yvan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 09:38:15 AM »
Mick,
You could fire off a message to JRP on nikonians and I'm sure he can point you in the right direction. Just click on Team at the bottom of the home page, and click the email button beside JRP's name.

Cheers

Has there been a follow-up on this? I'd use this a lot if made available.

Nikonians requires us to process photos ((maximum size allowed = 300 KBytes , max width = 1200 px , max height = 1200 px; jpeg, gif, zip, tar, word, pdf, HTML) and store the result on our computer, then attach the file to our post on their forums by clicking on their "upload file" button. So, no direct download from PM to their web site. If I understand the issue properly, it seems easy to add to PM as an export option that would automatically make sure the max 300K is respected (this is the tricky part which requires me to reduce the number of pixels and then save it to X% quality and check to see if it fits under 300Kb...if not, then I have to reduce the % quality level and check again...and again... up to reaching less than 300k (although keeping the same number of pixels).

Hope this helps.

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 04:18:02 PM »
Yvan,

Those are the Nikonians requirements for posting an image in a forum message. None of these restrictions apply to posting in a gallery on Nikonians.

Mick