Author Topic: SMF 2.0  (Read 13323 times)

Offline Phil Harvey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
SMF 2.0
« on: November 16, 2011, 09:31:37 AM »
Kirk,

Just a quick note about the SMF forum:

I was having serious problems with the security of SMF 1.1.14, with many robots creating hundreds of spam accounts on my ExifTool forum.  If you have experienced any spam problems here, you may consider upgrading to SMF 2.0 (2.0.1 is the current version).  The upgrade of my forum was very painless, and adding a few verification questions to the new anti-spam feature of SMF 2.0 completely solved my spam problem.

- Phil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SMF 2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 11:28:19 PM »
Phil,

Just a quick note about the SMF forum:

I was having serious problems with the security of SMF 1.1.14, with many robots creating hundreds of spam accounts on my ExifTool forum.  If you have experienced any spam problems here, you may consider upgrading to SMF 2.0 (2.0.1 is the current version).  The upgrade of my forum was very painless, and adding a few verification questions to the new anti-spam feature of SMF 2.0 completely solved my spam problem.

Thanks!  Yes, we're having a spam account problem too.  We manually approve all accounts so none are getting through, but it wastes time wading through the approval/disapproval process.

We'll look into the new version.

-Kirk