Author Topic: Encoding french accented characters IPTC for wordpress  (Read 3498 times)

Offline xaetva

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Encoding french accented characters IPTC for wordpress
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:07:35 AM »
Hello,

I’m working on macos X 10.5 with photomechanic PM 4.6.8. I export pictures with IPTC french accented characters.
Then I upload this pictures in Wordpress. The description of the picture in the post have some trouble with accented characters like  “ édition”  for the word “ édition “.
The IPTC caption is reading automaticely by wordpress to fill the description of the image.
What should be the good PM encoding iptc to fill automatically picture description without troubleshooting of accented characters.
I try unicode, microsoft latin1+euro, latin1 western european without success.
Thanks,
Xavier

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Encoding french accented characters IPTC for wordpress
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:43:36 AM »
Xavier,

I’m working on macos X 10.5 with photomechanic PM 4.6.8. I export pictures with IPTC french accented characters.
Then I upload this pictures in Wordpress. The description of the picture in the post have some trouble with accented characters like  “ édition”  for the word “ édition “.
The IPTC caption is reading automaticely by wordpress to fill the description of the image.
What should be the good PM encoding iptc to fill automatically picture description without troubleshooting of accented characters.
I try unicode, microsoft latin1+euro, latin1 western european without success.

Find out what text encoding Wordpress prefers (is it documented anywhere?)  What code/utility is used to read the IPTC data?  Is it perhaps making encoding decisions?

-Kirk

Offline xaetva

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Encoding french accented characters IPTC for wordpress
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 12:16:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
Encoding seem to be in UTF-8 when I go in the admin panels --> Tools --> writing

I try on a PC in encoding microsoft latin1+euro. Seen working!