Author Topic: Panasonic P2 video File support (.mxf)  (Read 2142 times)

Offline psibbald

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Panasonic P2 video File support (.mxf)
« on: May 02, 2012, 02:10:27 PM »
After all these years in photography and video, Photo Mechanic remains my application of choice for sorting, selecting, and editing meta-data in photo files. I would love to have that facility with video files, particularly high quality (DVCPRO HD and AVC-Intra) Panasonic P2 .mxf files / clips. Right now I do a very complicated work around that enables me to rename and better organize this material:

• Ingest via P2CMS (with very specific combination of settings at capture and ingest)

• Re-wrap the .mxf files in Raylight into .mov alias files that Final Cut Pro can use directly without havig to Log & Transfer and double the storage requirements on the drives (gets my consumption down to about 2TB per week !)

• Ingest those aliase files into PM where they can finally be renames and sequenced in a may that makes sense and finally makes them useful.

• add those rename clip aliases to my FCP project

Would love to be able to do this in a smoother more automated batch process with PM, and along the way be able to at least view and sort the clips using the metadata

Cheers,
Peter

Offline alainvanhaecke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Panasonic P2 video File support (.mxf) + Sony XDCAM EX
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:49:20 PM »
and the same request for Sony XDCAM EX files could be nice