Author Topic: PM5 image rotation (any angle)  (Read 3586 times)

Offline oryk

• View Profile
PM5 image rotation (any angle)
« on: July 06, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »
Hello,

1) I want to rotate an image (any angle), but why I have to crop it before ?

2) To rotate an image the border to work with the arrow-headed circle is to small.

-Oryk
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM5 image rotation (any angle)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
Oryk,

Because arbitrary angle rotation without a crop would access pixels outside the image and would require generating the non-existent pixels (apps that do offer such a feature usually fill with black or let you choose a color.)

We do not offer such a feature and do not plan to implement arbitrary rotation without a crop first being applied.

Quote from: oryk
2) To rotate an image the border to work with the arrow-headed circle is to small.

You can also move your cursor inside the crop area near a corner to perform rotation.

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 10:37:33 PM »
Oryk,

Because arbitrary angle rotation without a crop would access pixels outside the image and would require generating the non-existent pixels (apps that do offer such a feature usually fill with black or let you choose a color.)

We do not offer such a feature and do not plan to implement arbitrary rotation without a crop first being applied.

You can also move your cursor inside the crop area near a corner to perform rotation.

-Kirk

1) Adobe Lightroom has a very workable solution (no generating any pixel).

2) The boarder to rotate an image should be wider. (It's a fiddling on a 13" laptop).
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 10:54:44 PM »
Oryk,

2) The boarder to rotate an image should be wider. (It's a fiddling on a 13" laptop).

Did you try my suggestion?  Try the area inside the crop near the corner area of the crop?

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »
Oryk,

Did you try my suggestion?  Try the area inside the crop near the corner area of the crop?

-Kirk

Yes, but it does not help really.
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 11:13:40 PM »
Oryk,

I looked at the code.  The sizing box size is only six pixels on a side.  The rotation box is 24 pixels on a side.  How large would you like it to be?  Would it be better if the rotation hit box were actually drawn like the sizing ones are?

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »
Oryk,

I looked at the code.  The sizing box size is only six pixels on a side.  The rotation box is 24 pixels on a side.  How large would you like it to be?  Would it be better if the rotation hit box were actually drawn like the sizing ones are?

-Kirk

Kirk,

I suggest to restrict the rotation box to the background zone of the image.

-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )