Author Topic: old BrowseWithPMService.service can't be deleted.  (Read 4015 times)

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
old BrowseWithPMService.service can't be deleted.
« on: July 14, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »
I have an old version (dated 10/14/2010) that I can't seem to delete.   When I move it to Trash, I get this error...
"The item “BrowseWithPMService.service” can’t be moved to the Trash because it’s open."

I rebooted, no apps open.  And still got the same error.   Then I did a force quit of finder, and finder , of course, relaunched itself, but still I could not delete the service.

I'm assuming the new version is better... its bigger, and that means better, right?? ;-)

There must be some other trick. Any clues for the clueless?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: old BrowseWithPMService.service can't be deleted.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »
Ron,

I have an old version (dated 10/14/2010) that I can't seem to delete.   When I move it to Trash, I get this error...
"The item “BrowseWithPMService.service” can’t be moved to the Trash because it’s open."

I rebooted, no apps open.  And still got the same error.   Then I did a force quit of finder, and finder , of course, relaunched itself, but still I could not delete the service.

I'm assuming the new version is better... its bigger, and that means better, right?? ;-)

There must be some other trick. Any clues for the clueless?

That's odd.  It shouldn't get loaded until you right-click on something in the Finder.  How about just moving out of its current location to someplace else, like the Desktop?  Then restart your computer.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline manitou22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 01:53:39 PM »
I killed the process in "Activity Monitor" (Mac) and then deleted.  But the new service opens my old version of PM, not 5....?

Loving 5!

Thanks,

Will Austin

Offline manitou22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 01:56:20 PM »
Nevermind, just saw the other thread!

Thanks