Author Topic: Text Watermark Not working as I would expect  (Read 4622 times)

Offline dougstroud

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Text Watermark Not working as I would expect
« on: September 07, 2012, 04:40:59 AM »

I am running Photo Mechanic version 5.0 13217

Mac OS X 10.6.8

The text watermark feature has the option to select the font panel. I spoke to your tech support, Brandon, a few days ago regarding this matter and he had the same issue.
Attempting to change the size of the text water mark using the font panel does not work, it will not alter the size of the text watermark no matter what combination of selecting the text and selecting the size option or the order and/or closing the font panel box.

And while thinking about this- the text watermark reduces in size with portrait oriented photos- is there a method to keeping this all the same size on every photo?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Text Watermark Not working as I would expect
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 06:55:29 AM »
Doug,

The text watermark feature has the option to select the font panel. I spoke to your tech support, Brandon, a few days ago regarding this matter and he had the same issue.
Attempting to change the size of the text water mark using the font panel does not work, it will not alter the size of the text watermark no matter what combination of selecting the text and selecting the size option or the order and/or closing the font panel box.

And while thinking about this- the text watermark reduces in size with portrait oriented photos- is there a method to keeping this all the same size on every photo?

The text is always drawn as large as it can be in the 'box' that you define with the Dimensions you define with either the 'Percentages' or 'Pixels' settings.  The longer (wider) your text string is in characters and taller (in lines) also determines the final font size.  If you want to always use a particular box size, use the 'Pixels' settings instead of the 'Percentages' settings and choose something appropriate for both your landscape images and your portrait images.  Please note that if you use a large pixel box size and later generate much smaller images that the size of the watermark will not be proportional to the size of your smaller images.

If there were some way for me to keep the OS-provided font panel from allowing you to change the font size, I would do so because it causes the confusion you've experienced.  But I have found no way to control that behavior.

Another alternative is to make a watermark PNG image in Photoshop with your company logo and place that in a corner.  There are various sizing options for the overlay image as well.

-Kirk

Offline craig_s

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 02:00:38 AM »
I am having trouble changing the font color for the watermark when I "Save As..."  I can see where it should be done - but it just never works. Any Idea what I am doing wrong? I am using 4.6.8 on OSX 10.7.4

Thanks

Craig

Offline craig_s

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 02:24:02 AM »
Ok, so I just downloaded version 5, and it that problem has gone away.  Did not release a new version had been released.   :D

Craig