Author Topic: Stationery Pad content in Uploader preset  (Read 6761 times)

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
Stationery Pad content in Uploader preset
« on: September 08, 2012, 02:56:47 PM »
When I save a preset in the Uploader dialog with the Apply Stationery Pad box checked, I kinda expect that the content of the Stationery Pad will be saved within the preset.  However, it is not; only the state of the checkbox is saved.  So when I next upload with that preset, unless I remember to go into the Pad and set things up again how I want (perhaps with yet another preset), I'm going to apply whatever happens to be current.  Wouldn't it be better for the Stationery Pad content to be saved in the main preset?

Mike

P.S. the Ingest dialog has a local/global option... perhaps that is what is needed also in the Uploader dialog?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:59:32 PM by drmrbrewer »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Stationery Pad content in Uploader preset
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 03:43:45 PM »
Mike,

When I save a preset in the Uploader dialog with the Apply Stationery Pad box checked, I kinda expect that the content of the Stationery Pad will be saved within the preset.  However, it is not; only the state of the checkbox is saved.  So when I next upload with that preset, unless I remember to go into the Pad and set things up again how I want (perhaps with yet another preset), I'm going to apply whatever happens to be current.  Wouldn't it be better for the Stationery Pad content to be saved in the main preset?

It is working as designed.

Quote from: drmrbrewer
P.S. the Ingest dialog has a local/global option... perhaps that is what is needed also in the Uploader dialog?

I suppose so, yes.

-Kirk

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »

I suppose so, yes.

-Kirk

I could see this being useful as well. I came to post the feature request and found somebody had beat me to it!  :)
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 09:57:23 AM »
Yes, I still find it very inconvenient to have to set up the stationery pad each time. Really this should be stored in the local preset.

Mike

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Stationery Pad content in Uploader preset
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 11:21:33 AM »
Why not just save the stationery pad separately. And call it when you set up the upload. Then it is also available elsewhere, but doesn't require reentering the data.

Mick
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 11:28:57 AM »
Hi Mick

That is what I am doing... load uploader preset, then go into Stationery Pad and load a preset for that.  However, since the Stationery Pad preset is only ever used in conjunction with the uploader preset, it would make a lot more sense for the Stationery Pad just to be saved as part of the uploader preset... not only to reduce the number of steps required but also to prevent against forgetting to do the second preset step.

Mike

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 08:27:52 PM »

I suppose so, yes.

-Kirk

I could see this being useful as well. I came to post the feature request and found somebody had beat me to it!  :)

Just hit the forums to post this exact feature request (Local/Global IPTC Stationary Pad in the Uploader dialog) and found I already did two years ago!

This would still be an incredibly useful feature, even more so for us due to a new system we installed this week at the newspaper.

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2022, 10:26:18 AM »
History repeats itself. Came to see if this feature request had already been submitted!

I'd still like to see a Local/Global Metadata Template option for the FTP upload dialog just like exists in the Ingest dialog.