Author Topic: Change color tag with copy or upload  (Read 3305 times)

Offline fastgrapher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Change color tag with copy or upload
« on: November 10, 2012, 03:32:18 AM »
Hi Kirk,

first of all, thank you very much for implementing some new shortcuts for Save+N and Save+B for german mac users :)

I think I have asked for it a long time ago, but i'm not able to find my threat anymore. Is it possible to add a feature in the copy and also in the upload dialogue to the uploaded and copied pictures?

CMD+Y (U)--> Copy to subfolder--> tag original image in headfolder with color xyz

And might it be possible to have a checkbox (in the save as... and upload dialogue) for deleting the color-adjustments for the exported and uploaded pictures?

have a good time,
fg
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:18:46 AM by fastgrapher »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Change color tag with copy or upload
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:14:48 AM »
first of all, thank you very much for implementing some new shortcuts for Save+N and Save+B for german mac users :)

I think I have asked for it a long time ago, but i'm not able to find my threat anymore. Is it possible to add a feature in the copy and also in the upload dialogue to the uploaded and copied pictures?

CMD+Y (U)--> Copy to subfolder--> tag original image in headfolder with color xyz

Anywhere you can apply the IPTC Stationery Pad, you can now set the tag, rating, or color class during the operation.  Just set your IPTC Stationery Pad to make your tag, rating, or color class what you want it to be.  NOTE: this only works with the new IPTC Stationery Pad, not the "Classic" version.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline fastgrapher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 01:44:58 AM »
hi kirk,

for sure, but if i do this for upload, i overwrite all my iptc data i added maually in the dialogue, because it isn possible to set a different iptc data in the upload dialogue, other than the one in die stationary.
and also it is not possible to tag the originals, only the duplicates/copied pictures?

what means "evaluate" in the color-class dropdown?

thanks,
fg
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:49:53 AM by fastgrapher »

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 02:47:25 AM »
Hi,
You can save different "versions" of your IPTC stationary pad by clicking on the lightning  symbol on the lower left part of the IPTC panel. Later you can load the one you want, for uploading, for instance).
HTH

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 11:47:34 AM »
for sure, but if i do this for upload, i overwrite all my iptc data i added maually in the dialogue, because it isn possible to set a different iptc data in the upload dialogue, other than the one in die stationary.

Just load in a different IPTC Stationery Pad from either the snapshot menu (lightning bolt) or via the Load button.

Quote from: fastgrapher
and also it is not possible to tag the originals, only the duplicates/copied pictures?

That is correct.  Your originals will remain unmodified.

Quote from: fastgrapher
what means "evaluate" in the color-class dropdown?

That allows you to use variables with code replacements to turn into values that translate to color classes, tags, and ratings.  It's very powerful.

-Kirk