Author Topic: Code replacement not working after reinstalling PM 5  (Read 2492 times)

Offline RogerGW

• View Profile
Code replacement not working after reinstalling PM 5
« on: January 24, 2013, 05:00:29 AM »
I've just reinstalled PM 5 to my PC, having made a full reinstallation of Windows 7 64-bit.

I had kept a copy of the CodeReplacement.txt file from before, so have put that in C:\Program Files (x86)\Camera Bits\Photo Mechanic 5\ . I've set the delimiter to "=", also as before.

Despite this, I'm now getting folders headed C:\Clipart\Panasonic=\xxxx instead of C:\Clipart\1Lumipix\xxx. The camera is the same.

Any suggestions, please?

Roger

PS I've downloaded a fresh copy of PM5SetupR13507 and installed that but it's made no difference.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:02:28 AM by RogerGW »
Roger Whitehead
Using PM 6.0, build 5376, under Windows 10 Home, version 20H2

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Code replacement not working after reinstalling PM 5
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 06:35:57 AM »
Roger,

I've just reinstalled PM 5 to my PC, having made a full reinstallation of Windows 7 64-bit.

I had kept a copy of the CodeReplacement.txt file from before, so have put that in C:\Program Files (x86)\Camera Bits\Photo Mechanic 5\ . I've set the delimiter to "=", also as before.

Despite this, I'm now getting folders headed C:\Clipart\Panasonic=\xxxx instead of C:\Clipart\1Lumipix\xxx. The camera is the same.

PS I've downloaded a fresh copy of PM5SetupR13507 and installed that but it's made no difference.

Did you go into the Code Replacement dialog and make sure that your file is listed there?
Have you opened it up and looked at it in a text editor to make sure the codes you're using are listed in the text file?

-Kirk

Offline RogerGW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:48:57 AM »
> Did you go into the Code Replacement dialog and make sure that your file is listed there?
> Have you opened it up and looked at it in a text editor to make sure the codes you're using are listed in the text file?

Yes to both (and am using a UTF-8 editor).

Here's the relevant line: Panasonic   1Lumipix , with a tab between.

PM's doing it on the files from a Fuji camera, too.

BTW, and I'm not sure if it's relevant, but when I press "1" I get colour class, whereas I used to get a one-star rating.

Roger
Roger Whitehead

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 07:57:17 AM »
Roger,

> Did you go into the Code Replacement dialog and make sure that your file is listed there?
> Have you opened it up and looked at it in a text editor to make sure the codes you're using are listed in the text file?

Yes to both (and am using a UTF-8 editor).

Here's the relevant line: Panasonic   1Lumipix , with a tab between.

PM's doing it on the files from a Fuji camera, too.

OK, so how are you using Code Replacement?  Can I see a 'before' example that isn't working?  Can I see a screen shot of the Code Replacement dialog itself?

Quote from: RogerGW
BTW, and I'm not sure if it's relevant, but when I press "1" I get colour class, whereas I used to get a one-star rating.

You just need to adjust the preference in the Accessibility section to have single key shortcuts map to Rating instead of Color Class.  It should have absolutely no effect on your Code Replacement issue though.

-Kirk

Offline RogerGW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »
> Can I see a 'before' example that isn't working?

I'm not sure what you mean, Kirk.

> Can I see a screen shot of the Code Replacement dialog itself?

Attached (x 2).

> You just need to adjust the preference in the Accessibility section...

Perfect; thanks. I've added that to my setup instructions file so I'll know next time.

Roger

[attachment deleted by admin]
Roger Whitehead

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
Roger,

> Can I see a 'before' example that isn't working?

I'm not sure what you mean, Kirk.

I want to see an example of what you enter for the 'Code' in a text field that doesn't expand correctly.  I'd guess that you're using a {variable}, right?  If so, which one?

If you put the same variable in your Info Text and then view one of the images in the Preview window, what does it evaluate to?  Would the evaluated value match any of the Codes in your Code Replacement text file?

Can you post your actual Code Replacement text file here?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline RogerGW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 10:59:29 AM »
> I want to see an example of what you enter for the 'Code' in a text field that doesn't expand correctly.  I'd guess that you're using a {variable}, right?

I don't think I am but you've led me to the source of the trouble. I'd made an error in the Folder Name field on the ingest form, omitting the first "=" from "={make}=\{year4}_{month0}_{day0}". All works perfectly now.

Thanks for your patience and, as ever, your speedy responses.

Cheers,

Roger
Roger Whitehead