Author Topic: Spinning beachball when selecting FTP Upload  (Read 2089 times)

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Spinning beachball when selecting FTP Upload
« on: January 09, 2013, 03:45:40 PM »
On occasions, when I've selected a number of images to be sent via the FTP after editing in cS6, I get the spinning beach ball for up to 90 seconds which is very annoying. I've only been sending up to a maximum of 10 at a time at 3500px on the longest length at 300dpi. 

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Spinning beachball when selecting FTP Upload
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 04:18:12 PM »
You haven't given me much information to go on.  Please see this:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=4688.0

Answer as many questions as you can.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 04:42:26 PM »
Sorry Kirk.

I'm using PM5 (13507 (c69a93e)) with 10.8.2 on a Intel 2GHZ i7 fitted with 16GB RAM

It happened again Saturday. I had edited 9 images at the previously mentioned 3500px at 300dpi. I pressed Cmd+A then right clicked and selected FTP upload.

I'm wondering if my mobile broadband hadn't quite logged in. I will check and update you shortly

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 05:11:54 PM »
Sorry Kirk.

I'm using PM5 (13507 (c69a93e)) with 10.8.2 on a Intel 2GHZ i7 fitted with 16GB RAM

It happened again Saturday. I had edited 9 images at the previously mentioned 3500px at 300dpi. I pressed Cmd+A then right clicked and selected FTP upload.

I'm wondering if my mobile broadband hadn't quite logged in. I will check and update you shortly

Do you get a spinning beach ball before you see the uploader dialog, or after it appears?

Since you're on Mac OS X, would you mind making a time sample of PM when it hangs and send it to me?  You can create a time sample with the Activity Monitor application (Applications/Utilities/).  Just run PM 5, run the Activity Monitor, select PM in the list, switch back to PM and start the operation (upload), switch back to the Activity Monitor, and then click on the "Sample Process" button in the toolbar.  You can paste it in your reply.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 12:58:26 AM »
Hi Kirk

The spinning ball appears before the upload box. I was short for time Saturday and I had to wait around 2 minutes till it opened. I wasnt able to do the test you requested (due to the dreadful weather) but I will try it and report back shortly.

Any chance of some new up to date video tutorials please?