Author Topic: Colour management of D4 NEFs  (Read 14980 times)

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Colour management of D4 NEFs
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »
Is the color shifting only in the area of your images or is it the entire display?   MBP's with Mountain Lion have occasionally reported funky behavior with automatic graphics adapter switching.  If its the entire display, there are a few different things you could try. There is some discussion of it at the Apple forums

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4188387?start=0&tstart=0

It happened to me, and uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for my Spyder fixed it. But sounds like there are tons of different possible causes.
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Tom Parkes 2

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »
Hi Mick,

No, only images displayed by PM are affected. Images in viewed in other applications remain unchanged and the general display environment looks fine. I actually have Lion rather than Mountain Lion.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 11:30:40 AM »
Tom,

I have PM running on a 17" MacBook Pro. On Friday I would have been working using the built-in display. Because I move around a fair bit I tend to just put the Mac to sleep rather than closing it down. Back at my desk I connect to an Eizo display so at 09.02 today I would have connected the display and woken the Mac. Because of the way I work all of my applications can be running for days before I restart the laptop. The last restart was probably on Thursday of last week when I installed a MBP firmware update.

Thinking back to this morning's session, my perception was that everything was fine in PM until about midway through my edit when I noticed the colour in the contact sheet view seemed to be adrift. To my eye, the previews seemed to be OK at that stage, that's possibly just my perception but I'm reasonably confident of that statement. Eventually I realised the previews were being affected too. That's when I generated the log file and restarted PM, which restored normal colour.

I wouldn't associate the problem just with the external display in itself though, once I notice the colour is adrift it will also be out on the built-in display. If it helps, both displays have been profiled in i1Profiler.

Thanks for your continued attention to this. Much appreciated.

OK.  Well I'm not sure what I can do to fix the problem.  I'd suggest quitting PM (you shouldn't need to restart your computer) when you connect or remove a display.  Then launch PM again.

-Kirk

Offline Tom Parkes 2

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 12:54:05 AM »
OK Kirk, thank you, I'm happy with that. Restarting PM is obviously no problem and I now have a much clearer understanding of what's going on than I did when I asked the original question.