Author Topic: Data loss avoidance prompt on first run or when prefs missing  (Read 2352 times)

Offline david_hill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Data loss avoidance prompt on first run or when prefs missing
« on: November 10, 2013, 11:55:02 AM »
This is the feature request version of my recent Adobe XMP thread.

I suggest:

Upon first launch of app or any time that the prefs file is otherwise missing (e.g. it's been removed for troubleshooting), PM should throw up a dialog reminding you to set your prefs such that you don't blast your XMP/IPTC out in whatever workflow you are using. This could feature a reminder about the new Snapshot button in the IPTC/XMP prefs pane which sets best choices for Adobe, Aperture, NX2. The dialog could even ask what your primary workflow is and prompt you to choose then and there.

Despite the fact that I have known about this issue since 2008, it never fails to occasionally snag me when I have to trash my PM prefs due to some app freeze of unknown cause. Then I forget about the correct prefs for a while and blast some edits before remembering to make correct choices… Even power users can be absent minded every once in a while. Data loss scenarios are a P1 type place to help them out :)