Author Topic: Search not working  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Search not working
« on: December 15, 2013, 02:11:19 PM »
Hi,
I don't know why Search and Quick Search are not working...
I have tried to search for a keyword and it returns no results. I know the keyword is there because I can see it in the IPTC Info and in the Info Text.
I have recetly switched to a new MacBook Pro and I don't know if this is the reason.
TIA,

-Luiz Muzzi
OS X 10.8.5 and PM 5.0, build 15077 (39d4ee2)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Search not working
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:57:35 AM »
Luiz,

I have tried to search for a keyword and it returns no results. I know the keyword is there because I can see it in the IPTC Info and in the Info Text.
I have recetly switched to a new MacBook Pro and I don't know if this is the reason.

Is Spotlight working properly on your system?  Quick Search and Search use Spotlight for the search.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: Search not working
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 02:43:45 AM »
Luiz,

Is Spotlight working properly on your system?  Quick Search and Search use Spotlight for the search.

-Kirk

Kirk,
Thanks for your quick reply.
That was exactly what was happening. Spotlight was not working properly. I had to re-index the whole volume (HD). It seems to be working fine right now.
Best regards,

-Luiz Muzzi