Author Topic: IPTC info Disappearing  (Read 1775 times)

Offline nastynegs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC info Disappearing
« on: December 27, 2013, 11:54:07 AM »
Only just started using PM 5 and still have it on the trial mode. I used the IPTC field to cation a few images and transferred them visa ftp after minor Photoshop work (Levels/Brightness). The IPTC caption didnt stay with the image. Any idea what I'm doing wrong!
Thanks

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
Re: IPTC info Disappearing
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:47:45 PM »
Greetings,

Please check to see if you have the "Apply IPTC Stationary Pad" checked in your FTP Upload dialog. If you have this checked it will overwrite the data with what's in your stationary pad.

Offline nastynegs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 09:53:03 PM »
OK, have narrowed this problem down, and the ftp is fine.

The problem is when I'm captioning when looking at images on the CF card. I caption the images, open in Photoshop and the caption isn't there. If I transfer the images to the laptop first, so I'm looking at the images through PM5 on the hard drive, then everything works fine, so the problem is captioning whilst on the card then opening in Photoshop. I'm using a Macbook Pro OX 10.9.1 with a USB3 card reader and Photoshop CC. I can't see any box I should have obviously ticked!!

Thanks

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 01:12:21 AM »
Hi!

The default is, to not modify data on images that are (still) on the memory-card.
If you want this to happen: PM Preferences, Files. Allow modification of files on Camera Disks

Sven
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline nastynegs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 02:00:03 AM »
Hi Sven

Thanks for this, much appreciated!

John