Author Topic: FTP Question  (Read 1730 times)

Offline bartman1954

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP Question
« on: February 13, 2014, 08:17:17 AM »
Hi - In PMv5 is there any way you can automate FTP to send the same image or series of images to multple FTP sites in a sequence or batch process.  For example if I wanted to send the same image to say two or more newspapers or agencies with the same IPTC data.   The only way I figure I can and currently do this is by selecting sites individually.  I am expecting the answer to be, NO.  If so can you or the forum suggested ways of Best Practice to do this.  Many Thanks  Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP Question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:32:37 AM »
Steve,

In PMv5 is there any way you can automate FTP to send the same image or series of images to multple FTP sites in a sequence or batch process.  For example if I wanted to send the same image to say two or more newspapers or agencies with the same IPTC data.   The only way I figure I can and currently do this is by selecting sites individually.  I am expecting the answer to be, NO.  If so can you or the forum suggested ways of Best Practice to do this.  Many Thanks  Steve

There is no way to send a set of images to multiple FTP servers simultaneously.  You would have to reopen the Upload dialog and choose a different connection for each server and begin an upload.

-Kirk

Offline bartman1954

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: FTP Question
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 01:13:44 PM »
Thanks