Author Topic: Slow saves.  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Slow saves.
« on: April 29, 2014, 06:39:14 AM »
I have a strange quirk that ONLY happens at one venue. This is only (thankfully) happening when connected to this ONE venue's wifi or wired network. Once I have selected my files and try to save them (apply crop, scale, watermark, save to folder) it takes FOREVER to complete the process. It doesn't matter whether I am working one file or ten. If I disconnect from the network everything works at normal speeds. I just have no clue what this one college's network could be doing that would slow the process to a crawl. Thought?  Connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting is a PIA because you have to go through a process to get back on.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Slow saves.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:09:08 AM »
I have a strange quirk that ONLY happens at one venue. This is only (thankfully) happening when connected to this ONE venue's wifi or wired network. Once I have selected my files and try to save them (apply crop, scale, watermark, save to folder) it takes FOREVER to complete the process. It doesn't matter whether I am working one file or ten. If I disconnect from the network everything works at normal speeds. I just have no clue what this one college's network could be doing that would slow the process to a crawl. Thought?  Connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting is a PIA because you have to go through a process to get back on.

No thoughts other than to disconnect from that network when it is not needed.  If disconnecting and saving (and accounting for the reconnect process) is faster than saving without disconnecting then I'd disconnect, save, and reconnect later.

-Kirk